Thursday, April 30, 2009

iHuevos!


We had just been joking this weekend that we almost forgot the chickens weren't "just pets" - Oh, yeah, they're supposed to lay eggs! But then we realized we didn't really know how old the chickens were when we got them, so it might still be a while.

Ok, so anyone who knows me realizes I am SO NOT the person to feel like I'm connected to the cosmos in any crazy way. Let me make a "long story" short. I usually only go into the coop a couple of times a week, since their waterer is a gallon and that lasts 3 chickens for several days. I just filled their water yesterday. But when I went into the barn after work to grab their handful of cracked corn I use to make them happy to see me (hey, bribery works), I suddenly remembered that I dreamt last night that the chickens had laid eggs... so I went into the coop, and there were our lovely first 2 eggs. Is it flattering to be on the same wavelength with admittedly not the most brilliant animals in the kingdom? Not really. I almost titled this post "bird brain." :)

I've been using rice hulls as bedding. I'll write more about that later, 'cause I think it's kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment