Thursday, October 8, 2009

Funny stuff

The culprit:

Looks innocent enough. We picked this thing up at the feed store a couple of months ago for grooming the goats. They were happy to be brushed, but if they caught a whiff of the brush, they would bolt. We figure it's probably made of boar bristles or something. I left it outside, then in the barn, to try to air it out.

Last Sunday, I took it up again to find that of the goats, only Redwood isn't mortally afraid of the brush, although he will run from it when the others do. I left it on the ground, figuring that if they got used to it, it wouldn't be a big deal. It only took moments to find that the chickens are also afraid of it, and not for love, money, or cracked corn would they pass by where it lay. There was a chicken traffic jam.


A little disgusted, I took the thing out of the pen. But as the animals now clamored after me, rushing the gate like raptors on Jurassic Park, I had an idea:


Voila!

It was working like a charm, although Matt said he saw Redwood brushing himself on it yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment